Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week #12 Divorce and Remarriage



After reading these two chapters I realized that most people including myself neglect to think about the possibility of getting divorced or losing a spouse because forget to take into account that things happen that are out of our control. These chapters real made me think as to whether I would want to remarry if I lost my spouse in the future or get a divorce which I feel is would be my last resort. Only if my spouse cheated on me that would be something I would not be willing to forgive. This chapter really hit home for me because I had a complicated relationship during my freshman to junior year in high school in which I my girlfriend cheated on me and then had a baby by someone else and she tried to tell that it was mine, but she later admitted that it wasn’t and it tore me apart inside.  This has affected my relationships and perspective on dating drastically. I am less trusting and do not open up to others as much as I use to because of fear of being hurt again. This experience has changed my life forever. I do not think I could ever talk to someone with kids or be a stepfather because I fear that I would put my heart in the right place have the child grow up and say that you’re not my father would kill me.  I really liked this chapter because it explores the myths that most people continue to believe in. I just hope that I when I do decide to marry that I will do it right the first time so that I can avoid the complication and confusion this is a part of remarriage with kids and emotional baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment