Friday, November 23, 2012

Week # 5 Preparing for Marriage


From this section I realized two perpetual problems that I continue to make in my relationships. The first would be not asking the important question when I ‘am in the process of courting someone.  The second would be mistaking lust for love. In this section it helped me to distinguish between the two.  There are different types of love.  The first, being passionate love which is defined as a preoccupation and intense longing for union with a particular other. And the second, in contrast, compassionate love is affection for and commitment to someone with whom one is deeply involved.  We have to have both these characteristics to have a satisfying marriage. From these two definitions I derived the concept that we have to first have yes the physical attractiveness, but it is not all the matters we also we have to develop an intimate friendship with our spouse. We can learn what characteristics of what we desire in a potential spouse. We can find the sacred qualities by effective dating. We should ask whoever we may be courting the important questions first and see how the act in particular circumstances. I know from experience that infatuation like beauty fades and you come to the point in the relationship when you ask yourself is being in this relationship worth the trouble? Is your potential spouse committed as I am? So it is essential to ask these important to ask these vital questions before we become involved with someone else to avoid future heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment